Sunday, December 24, 2017

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!  I'm looking forward to a week off from work, especially since the weather is relatively good.  A bit chilly, but no rain.  We did have a little overnight rain earlier this week, enough that the pasture got a little muddy and I guess Cupid felt it because he seems to have a bit of an abscess.

We had a lesson yesterday.  When I led him out the stall I thought he was walking a little off, but then he seemed okay.  He felt great when I rode him, except we struggled a little getting the left lead.  I packed his feet with Magic Cushion, just in case they were bothering him a bit.  We were in the outdoor ring, and had a few distracted moments but it's getting better. 

Then today just from what I saw in his stall I suspected he was off.  Sure enough, soon as I led him out it was clear.  I soaked his foot and wrapped his legs, and kept him in his stall.  He seemed a little better already after the soaking, I think this will resolve itself pretty quickly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment