Sunday, January 20, 2019

Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys

Neither of my parents were into horses, though my dad had been around some farm horses when he was young.  It was my big sister who got me into riding.  She has always loved all animals, and she wanted to ride and I was just the annoying little sister who wanted to do whatever she was doing!  But I quickly fell in love and horses became a large part of my life.  I miss riding with my sister, since she now lives over an hour away and her horse is retired so she doesn't ride often.

I wonder if my own child will be interested in learning to ride.  I'm okay either way - I would be happy to share my passion, but also fine with him pursuing other (likely less expensive!) things.  I just hope he at least appreciates animals and nature, and has an active lifestyle.  I've taken him to the barn a few times, but he's just slept in the carrier.  Cupid seems slightly interested, and seems to know to be gentle around him, not shoving me with his nose looking for treats like he sometimes does when I'm with the baby. 

2 comments:

  1. Neither of my children were interested in horses, they liked other sports. I'm holding out for grandkids because I really want to buy a pony!

    ReplyDelete