Thursday, January 9, 2020

Goals

Last year I didn't set any goals because I wasn't sure what to expect with the new baby.  I tried to figure out how to be more productive with more limited time.  We did not show or trail ride as much last year,  and stayed at Training level but by the end of the year it felt like things were starting to feel pretty good.  We lost some riding time in the summer when Cupid was sore in his back, and figured out Cupid seems happier with pads on his front feet.  We did not do much jumping, but I was brave enough to do a clinic with Nick Karazissis, and jump around at a local show's warm up day.

My goals for 2020:

-Move up to First Level: It's not so much the test itself (1-1 adds lengthenings in the trot and canter, which is not our forte but will be passable with a bit more work; and smaller circles which we can do) just solidifying our connection and roundness.

- Get a 7 on the rider collective score: This is what my trainer has challenged me with!  So far the best I've done is 6.5.

-Try something new: I was signed up for a cattlework clinic last year but unfortunately it was cancelled.  Hopefully it will be rescheduled for a day that works for us, or we will do some sort of trail trial or obstacle clinic or competition!

-More trail riding: I try to go once or twice a month but it hasn't been happening.  Of course right now it's weather dependent.  I'd also like to go to a new place.  And maybe do more trotting?

-TB show: I haven't figured out what my criteria for success is but we have set a date!

Forged in Fire

No comments:

Post a Comment