Thursday, August 28, 2014

Rehab

Cupid has been looking better each day on the longe line!  He is up to 10 mins/side at a walk and trot.  I keep his circles very big to lessen the stress.  The first day he bucked and tried to canter, and I wasn't sure if he was in pain or excited.  The second day he did the same thing, but in the other direction.  But he's been behaving well since then.  I plan to longe his with a saddle on a few times, then substitute some rides for longing.  He also started his joint supplement, MSM.  I read that it can make some horses spooky, I hope it will not have that affect on him!
I tested pulling Cupid's mane and he didn't seem to care.  I feel a little bad doing it, but if we end up showing someday he'll have to get used to it.
It's hard to take pictures when I'm longing, so instead here is one of Cupid admiring himself in the mirror.  What a handsome boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment