Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Dressage

As much as Cupid and I enjoy jumping (well I think he seems to anyways!), we cannot neglect the fundamentals of dressage.  We started out with shoulders-in coming out of a circle.  This went pretty well at the walk, and had a few nice ones trotting on the right.  The haunches-in presented more of a challenge.  This is something I haven't done before so I probably wasn't doing a great job asking Cupid.  We also tried a few steps turn on the forehand and turn on the haunches.  Again this is all new to me as well.  Cupid tries very hard to figure out what I'm asking him, and he often surprises me with how much he can do, I think I tend to underestimate him!  Our trainer thinks Cupid has a nice natural rhythm and might actually do pretty well in dressage!  I have a lot to learn, I've mainly only ridden hunt seat. 

Cupid got a few days off last week because he was a little sore.  Luckily he seems okay now.  He was very good about being in a stall, but he seemed happy when he got to go back out with his friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment