Sunday, January 1, 2017

Goals for 2017

Happy 2017!  Cupid is turning 6 this year, so he's really not a baby anymore and I can't use that as an excuse!  Generally we are going to keep working on what we've been doing, 28th the goal on having a confident and relaxed horse and rider.  But I have  thought of some specific goals for the new year:

1) Sit up and keep leg on instead of ride up Cupid's neck with a chokehold on the reins when I get nervous.  This will be a hard one for me.

2) Learn to do flying lead changes and walk to canter transition - Cupid and I both need to work on this as I never really learned.

3) Straightness - especially over jumps.

4) Get comfortable cantering courses.

Not really a goal but one thing I'm hoping for is to get my own truck and trailer! 

I would also like to do some dressage events and maybe a hunter pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment