Sunday, May 6, 2018

Break

Cupid is currently getting a few days off, as I'm writing this from DC where I am for a conference.  We did have a few good rides though before I left.

Monday, the day after the show, I gave Cupid off.

Tuesday I did some ground driving.  I'm still working on not letting him drift off the rail, but overall he was pretty good.  When I asked him to step over a jump filler with pink flowers he did avoid it the first few times, so I moved to his head and led him over.  He was better after that, but I did have to make sure to keep him straight.  Going over the cavaletti was much smoother.

On Wednesday we had a very productive lesson in the outdoor ring, the kind of ride I wish I had at the show!  Once again we got the left lead, like it was no big deal.

Thursday we did a little jumping.  We started with trot poles, and ended up with a little course that involved trotting over the poles, picking up the canter to the left and circling around to a caveletti, switching to the right lead and going over another cavaletti, and then a little cross rail.  Cupid got the left lead correct each time, and after the first time through he even changed leads over the first cavaletti by himself!  Although we haven't been doing much jumping lately I think it's good for Cupid to mix it up, and when he is being this good and relaxed I enjoy it too.

I'll be gone Friday through Tuesday, and am looking forward to riding again on Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. hope you enjoy DC! it's really nice this time of year ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather has been great (warmer than California!), and I'm enjoying the sights. :)

      Delete