Monday, February 25, 2019

Back on Track Gloves Review

I've long been a fan of Back on Track's horse products for Cupid.  He has a blanket, leg wraps, and several saddle pads from them.  Though I'm not sure how much they help, anecdotally they do seem to offer some benefits, and even if they don't actually do anything beyond their basic functions as a saddle pad or blanket they are good quality products that have been holding up very nicely. 

As I've mentioned before, I have a poor grip especially in my right hand.  Possibly from years of piano when I was young, I'm not sure, but my joints crack every time I make a fist, like it will crack 20 times in a row if I close my fingers.  I always ride in gloves anyways, so I figured why not try the Back on Track ones.  I got them a while back but the reviews had said they are warm so I didn't start using them until this winter.  And so far I've been quite happy with them! 

Same as with the horse products I can't say for sure if they do anything beyond function as gloves.  There is no magical improvement in my hands.  But what I will say is that before, in just regular winter gloves my hands were stiffer and hurt on the coldest days.  With these gloves on, even though they are a bit thinner, my hands just feel the same as on non-cold days.

I am happy with the grippy-ness of these gloves.  They are not bulky, and I don't have a problem doing up buckles with them on.  After a few months they are holding up very nicely, no loose stitching or visible wear.  (They are reinforced between the thumb and pointer finger, but not between the ring and pinky fingers.  Made of a synthetic material)
Obviously not the correct way to hold reins!
The only thing I don't like is they have built-in liners, and sometimes when I take the gloves off the liner separates from the outer layer, then it is kind of harder to put them on again.  But that's a pretty minor inconvenience.  Oh, and I can't really operate my phone's touchscreen with them on. 

Incidentally last time Cupid saw his body worker when she finished she commented that she forgot to bring her Back on Track gloves.  She said that after doing body work if she wears them her hands feel less tired that evening, whereas without them she has trouble. 

Overall I am quite happy with the quality for the price, and would rate these 4.5 stars out of 5.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm maybe I need to try these. I have an ankle brace and an elbow one from BOT and I notice improvement with both. I do ultrasound for a living and my right elbow tends to ache from the repetitive motion/pressure required from my job, and I ALWAYS notice improvement when I put the elbow brace on for a few hours. I assume it' stimulating blood flow to the area. Maybe the gloves are worth trying too. THanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how much is just placebo effect, so I'm glad someone in the health field also finds a benefit :)

      Delete