Friday, March 20, 2020

Back to Nature

Right now being out in nature, away from crowds, is not only a prudent thing to do but helping me keep my sanity and emotions in check.  After a few drizzly days the weather has been beautiful, and I have been going for lots of walks, runs, and thankfully enjoying my horse.
Alternate title: Oh Deer! But let's focus on the positive 

Even though I'm a little disappointed my show plans are all on hold, I know I can't really complain about something so relatively insignificant.  In our rides I've mainly been focusing on improving the consistency of contact, trying to quiet my lower legs, and improving our working gaits while also playing with the lengthenings.

Outside of riding, I like to go for a run when I have a lot on my mind.  There is a nice paved trail along a reservoir just a few minutes from my house.

I listen to music while I run - mostly classic rock (like Queen, Led Zep, Bon Jovi, Foreigner) and country music from the 90s (Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, George Strait, Toby Keith, Brooks & Dunn).


Eucalyptus (I think)

I'm trying to pass on my love of nature and the outdoors to my son.  He doesn't know many words, but quickly learned "walk" and says it as he brings me his little shoes.  He also hands me mine.  I almost always drop whatever I'm doing when I see the happy hopeful look on his face and go for a walk.
That's our house on the right, we are lucky to have space to explore in our own backyard!


No comments:

Post a Comment