Friday, January 2, 2015

New saddle - Stubben Portos!

Cupid and I celebrated the start of a new year by having our Stubben rep come out with some saddles for us to try. He saw Cupid once before, last August, and it's a good thing I didn't get a saddle then because he has gone up 1.5 sizes! He was narrow when I got him, but now he's just shy of a standard medium. Turns out he's easier to fit then me, since I'm pretty short a lot of the saddles had flaps that were too long for my legs. We got to test out a few of different models.  Cupid was very good through all the saddle changes, and me getting on and off him.  All the saddles were very nice and it was a tough decision, but I ended up getting a Portos close contact saddle!  My old saddle was pretty comfortable, but I felt like I was often getting pitched forward in it. The Portos felt nicely balanced, and it's a demo/salesman sample so I got a pretty good deal on it.  I'm excited Cupid and I get to continue our training with such a beautiful new saddle!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment