Monday, June 20, 2016

Do Horses Like Strawberries?

Well I can't speak for all horses, but here is what happened when I offered one to Cupid:

He was curious, but did not eat it.  He likes carrots, apples, most pears, grapes, and his salt lick.  He does not like bananas, oranges, strawberries, wheat thins, sugar cubes, peppermints, or Lik-It treats.

Our rides have been going well.  We are going to keep the jumps low because I've been dealing with a little anxiety.  I don't know why, Cupid has been very good, but I guess I have been dealing with a lot of other things in my personal life. 

Yesterday I rode Cupid in the bareback pad, which I haven't done in a while.  We walked around the property.  He shied once, but was good.  Then we went into the dressage court and worked on bending and some leg yields.  We only trotted a few steps each direction because it's not very comfortable for either of us I'm sure. 

We have a lesson tomorrow then leaving for camp the following day!

No comments:

Post a Comment