Monday, August 13, 2018

Lucky 13

I was very excited about staying overnight for our first 2 day show!  We've done a few overnight schooling trips, but have never shown 2 days straight.  In those past trips Cupid seemed more anxious the second day, though he was so good in Oregon I was hoping he may have matured out of that.  We had a bit of scare initially when I was told they were out of stalls, but it did end up working out and we got one.

I decided to do 2 tests the first day, and 1 the second to see how it goes.  The next decision was when to get there.  I could go Friday and get a practice ride in.  But I thought traffic would suck, and we've been at this facility once before and Cupid seemed to like it so I would save myself a trip.  When I got my ride times I saw I wasn't riding until the afternoon - do I want to get there about 1.5 hours before our test like we've been doing at our shows and Cupid might be used to, or early and get him settled in his stall first?  I decided to embrace the whole away show experience and get there Saturday morning. 

When we arrived I went to check in, I was told we have stall 12B and they pointed me in that direction.  I didn't think much of it, I assumed that was the B barn or aisle.  I walked down past stalls 1, 2, 3, etc... but there was a horse already in stall 12.  I was confused for a moment, until I saw the next stall, "12B."  I guess they thought I might be superstitious and wouldn't want to stay in 13 so they relabeled it, haha!! 
Lucky for me I needn't have worried, my impression was correct that Cupid does seem to like this facility and was quite happy and relaxed all weekend! 
Nice roomy stall, not unlucky

5 comments:

  1. lol 12b..... i knew horse ppl could be superstitious but that's a little silly!! hope it was a good weekend tho, looking forward to hearing details! also, damn that stall is HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny about the 12B. That's like on airlines they rename the 13th row.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I never noticed that! But I have been in buildings with no 13th floor.

      Delete
  3. That's sort of like Harry Potter and the train platform 9 3/4!

    ReplyDelete