Thursday, March 1, 2018

Back on Track Saddle Pad

I recently added to my Back on Track ("BoT") collection with a new saddle pad.  Though they looked nice, I've always balked at the price.  I usually buy saddle pads on sale for $10-15, and though I've learned the hard way a few I don't like I have several in that price range that have worked out quite well for me.  But then a friend generously gave me a Contender pad, which is a BoT saddle pad with a thinline half pad built in - best thing ever!!  The underside is a soft, almost fleecy material and the contoured shape is perfect for Cupid and my saddle.  It's the only saddle pad where I can put both my billets through the billet keeper (usually I can only do the rear one since I have a point billet in front, but the BoT pads have two keepers that fit my saddle perfectly.)  I haven't used it in the summer, but per the description it is breathable and wicks away sweat.  So when I saw the pads were included in Riding Warehouse's sale, and they now had the dressage pad in navy blue, I had to have it!
Why yes, Dressage Sports Boots come in navy too!
I don't know if the ceramic technology helps Cupid or not, but it couldn't hurt.  The quality seems worth the price regardless, so I'll be looking to add more as some of my other pads get retired.

Our rides have been pretty light the last week due to family events and work being very busy.  My trainer rode Cupid on Tuesday when I had to cancel my lesson due to work.  She said he was super, but she also had trouble picking up the left lead.  She said the transition and canter to the right has improved a lot though.  She still thinks he's tight in his shoulders, and that it isn't anything to be too worried about, see how he feels after he sees the chiropractor.  And then if he still seems amiss talk to the vet.  Unfortunately the chiro isn't available for another 2 weeks though, so in the meantime I'm going to keep trying stretches and reading up on the Masterson Method a bit.



4 comments:

  1. i have a couple of their saddle pads and am sorta kinda on the fence just based on the price alone, and they seem kinda heavy for use in warmer weather. the BoT mesh sheet, however, i adore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol don't tempt me, I don't have the mesh sheet yet :p

      Delete
  2. I got my first one in December, also the navy Dressage pad. Just as a pad, I really like it. I had to switch back to a cheap cotton one when my BoT was in the wash recently, and it tried to slide out the back of the saddle. The BoT never moves. So just as a regular saddle pad, I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of the BoT pads, I feel my pad makes a big difference in how fast Rio's back warms up!

    <3 Kelly @ HunkyHanoverian

    ReplyDelete