Sunday, March 4, 2018

Horse Show No Show

I was planning to do some hunter rounds at a local schooling show this weekend.  Then he started feeling a little tight so we haven't been jumping, and I thought we would just do flat classes.  But over the past week Cupid hasn't felt any better.  I rode him Friday, and again Saturday and if he felt even a little better I would have gone and just done the walk/trot.  But if anything he feels worst.  I don't know.  He's not lame, and his attitude has been very good - usually if he's not feeling well he let's me know and doesn't want to work at all!  He looks fine, but he just isn't moving as freely as usual.  I hope the chiro helps him, if not I'll have the vet take a look.

I've joked before that Cupid suffers from seasonal affective disorder.  I'm not sure about that, but he can get a little funny when the seasons change. 
Cupid (left) and friend

He doesn't mind missing the show!
Cupid and I went for a walk around the property.  Someone put up some flags and balloons.  Cupid stared a little, but was okay walking by.
Sees balloons

5 comments:

  1. Mine felt super weird this weekend too! Both Friday and Saturday he was behind the leg and kind of stiff. Finally today I had my horse back. Not sure if he slipped in the mud or just stood in his stall during the rain, but something got to him! I pulled out of my clinic this weekend for the same reason. Not bad enough to be called NQR but something was up. Hope Cupid is feeling better asap!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK that makes me feel a little better! Maybe it is just the crazy weather patterns. I hope TC is back to normal quickly.

      Delete
  2. aw i'm sorry that he wasn't feeling great and you had to miss the show! hopefully he'll be back to 100% asap!! i know around these parts our horses can end up stiff and creaky when the ground is in bad shape and they don't move around as much as usual....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer! I'm sorry you had to miss the show, that is really disappointing. Hope Cupid feels better soon!

    <3 Kelly @ HunkyHanoverian

    ReplyDelete