Sunday, March 11, 2018

Centaur Climate Control Polo Wraps Review

Several people at my barn have raved about the Eskadron Climatex polos.  However, I'm lazy and prefer boots to polos so I balked at spending about $65/pair on them for the rare occasion I might use them.  But I did decide to buy some knock-offs for fun (white, perhaps for a dressage clinic some day) - the Centaur Climate Control, at $18 per pair with an additional 20% off during Riding Warehouse's black Friday sale.

The Centaurs are 9 feet long (compared to 9.5 feet for Eskadron, but the Centaurs a little wider from what I recall), split equally between the plush "moisture-wicking, highly ventilated cushioning material" and "stretchy supportive wrap".  This makes it easy to wrap, since you know exactly when you're at the halfway point and should start wrapping back up.  The first half feels like a terry-cloth type material.  I'm not a huge fan of the double lock velcro - they have to line up just right (which I'm getting the hang of), and even so then you end up with the end tab facing inside.  Aside from that, I'm happy with the purchase for the pricepoint.  I don't know if they last as long as Eskadrons (thought I've seen some pretty ratty Eskadrons), for my limited use I think they'll be just fine.  Obviously I haven't tried them in the heat yet though!

Dressage horse chic

No comments:

Post a Comment