Friday, July 27, 2018

Brief Recap of the Week

Monday - We almost always take a day off after a show, no matter how light it was :)

Tuesday - Back at it with a dressage lesson.  I wish I wrote notes after because I can't remember what we worked on!  I remember we had a very long trot set, then did trot-canter transitions on the lunge line.  We worked on different bends on a circle - staying on a 20 meter circle but bend like you're on a 15 meter, or 10 meter, and shoulder in both sides. 

Wednesday - Hopped on bareback for a walk around the property.  Still one of my favorite things to do!

Thursday - Another lesson.  Did a little more on the lunge line.  At the trot I had the whip behind my back to increase the bend in my elbows (still a problem area, unfortunately).  Then at the canter I held the whip under both thumbs.  I was resisting the urge to do airplane arms, haha.  We did this a little earlier in the ride, which I think helped Cupid.  He seemed to be really concentrating, especially to the left, , I could feel him really gathering himself.  Afterwards we did a few off the lunge line, which were not quite as nice but the canter itself felt really good.  We had some nice moments in the trot too.
Friday - I was planning to ride in the outdoor (dressage court) and practice my loops for Training 3.  I should have started earlier because the tractor came to drag before I even got to trot - whomp whomp.  So instead Cupid and I just did another walk around the property.  I tried doing a short trot in an empty field in the back, but the footing was uneven and I didn't want to risk it.

We did have a bit of a "training opportunity" when Cupid froze passing by a stack of mats that aren't usually there.  I asked him to walk by several feet away.  Then we turned and walked by a little closer.  He was a little nervous but did it.  Then I walked him toward it, and stopped half way.  Then he walked up to it and put his nose on it and was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment