Monday, August 24, 2015

Dressage

We took the plunge and got a dressage saddle!  It is a Passier Nicole Grand Gilbert, lightly used and in excellent condition.  I've only ridden in a dressage saddle a few times (Dee and I borrowed one for a while) so I need to get used to it but it felt comfortable and I think I was sitting more upright.  This saddle does not really force you in position, it does not have the huge thigh blocks or super deep seat.  The seller kindly gave me the stirrups, girth, and a few pads to got with it so all we need now is a black bridle.
Coincidentally someone moved all the dressage markers from the arena and they were sitting outside.  Cupid thought this was kind of scary!  He shied walking by.  Even from the inside of the arena he was giving it the eye.  But we had a nice ride, and did a few canter figure 8s with a simple lead change.

No comments:

Post a Comment