Thursday, December 24, 2015

Merry Christmas!

The weather continues to be cold and rainy.  Though I have been able to ride consistently, we have been taking it a little easier.  We aren't really working on anything new right now.  Some days when the weather is particularly bad the horses don't get turned out, so I just try to get Cupid out of the stall and moving a little.  He remains pretty lazy even when he's been locked inside! 
We need to suit up in our rain gear just to get to the covered arena!

Yesterday we got a break in the rain so I did a little bareback (with pad) ride around the property.  There were some very muddy patches, where I thought to myself please don't let me fall off right here into this mud pit.  Luckily I didn't.  Cupid had one little spook, I think the wind picked up a tarp and it startled him and he started trotting away.  I got him back to a walk and then stop, and made him walk back towards it a little, giving him lots of pats.

Today we had a flatwork lesson.  Mainly worked on our canter transitions and leads.  My trainer also made me trot around in two point for a few minutes, a good exercise for my legs.  Apparently even in two point I let me legs slide back.

On Christmas morning I will go out to see Cupid and give him lots of treats and tell him what a good boy he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment