Monday, February 15, 2016

Happy birthday Cupid!

Cupid turned 5 this weekend.  I brought him a carrot bouquet, which he seemed pretty happy about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yue0WA0TIso
I was a little worried because his right hind leg looked a little puffy, but it didn't have any heat, so I decided we would just take it easy and see if he works out of it.  We just walked around the property for about half an hour and had a nice time.  We went up the little trail he likes to scramble up, I felt him start to gather himself and gave a little half halt and he walked up quietly so I told him he was a good boy.  He didn't seem lame and his leg was looking better by the end of our walk.

After our ride I gave him a bath, for the first time in months.  He was filthy!  He was very good.  Sometimes he seems a little anxious in the wash rack, but he was very good and didn't whinny at all.  Then I let him graze as he dried.  He was very fluffy and smelled nice!
 To top it off he got extra goodies in his grain.  I think Cupid enjoyed his birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment