Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving

On Thanksgiving day Cupid and I took a walk down the road to the county park where we can trail ride.  I decided to put a chain on his nose just in case.  On the way there he started out pretty good, but once again he started getting nervous as we got further away from home.  I was hoping that if I led him instead of rode he would be calmer, since I wouldn't be nervous and passing that on to him, but I don't think it made much difference.  Even though there was lot of grass at the park he was too distracted to enjoy it.  He was on high alert and wanted to keep moving, but luckily wasn't dragging me or doing anything really naughty.  I waited until he felt a little relaxed then headed back.  He definitely wanted to get back home, but luckily for the most part still behaved.  It was tough in a few parts where the trail was very narrow I had to walk in front of him, he's not used to being led like that and since he was nervous I was worried he would run me over.  Luckily we made it back in one piece.

After we were back on the property he felt much more relaxed right away.  In case he still had some nervous energy I let him into the new round pen.  He did trot and throw a few bucks!  But mostly he enjoyed rolling in the sand.  He rolled about 6 times! 

No comments:

Post a Comment