Monday, March 27, 2017

Recovery

Cupid's made a lot progress towards recovery in the past week.  The wound is now pretty much a large scab, it looks like it will close up without needing to cauterize!  He did get a little laser therapy last week, but the technician said at this point it may not have much effect on the wound but it could help bring down the lump/swelling still around it.

Cupid has had a lot of energy the past few days.  I've also noticed he has gotten a lot more assertive with other horses.  He was always very friendly and liked to go meet other horses, stretching his nose out to them but always keeping his head pretty low.  Now he is more playful and nippy, and tries to keep his head over the other horse's.

A saddle fitter was at the barn this weekend, so I figured I'd take a look at some dressage saddles since I sold mine recently.  She spent a lot of time measuring Cupid, and remarked how well behaved he was.  But when I took him on the ring and got on, he was super hyper.  I've only been on him a handful of times over the past month, plus the weather had turned cool again after a sunny week, plus the arena had a bit of activity.  So I sat in two saddles, but I couldn't really say anything about them because I was too busy trying to keep Cupid from freaking out to pay attention.  All I could say is that the saddles didn't get in my way, and I felt okay even though Cupid was jigging all over the place.  I felt kind of like how I imagine parents feel when their kids throw tantrums in public!  But the saddle fitter is going to give me the 2 saddles on trial so I can get a better feel for them.
County Competitor
This morning I got on Cupid and we just walked around the property.  He was perfect, stayed relaxed throughout.  We just trotted a few steps.


No comments:

Post a Comment