Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Slogging Through

The weather hasn't been quite as cold, but it has been chilly and damp. With just a little bit of on and off rain everything is muddy again. The pasture is a swamp and the outside arena is closed. Of course right before my show so I can't practice on the proper size dressage court.
The left lead canter is still presenting a challenge. If say right now we are about 50/50 on it.  So my trainer made me do a bunch today, and I think we were getting the hang of it but I was having a problem letting Cupid break early.  He was a bit lazy today, and tired after centering a few laps to the right first. Even though his muscle tone looks pretty good he seems to get winded pretty quickly.  I guess we should do more conditioning work.

No comments:

Post a Comment