Monday, November 11, 2019

Back to Square One

I thought the pads had been working beautifully for Cupid and foot problems were a thing of the past, but alas last week I found him with abscess-type symptoms.  It was especially surprising because it hasn't rained at all.  I had to call the shoer to pull the shoe and pad so I can treat it.  After a few days of CleanTrax he seems fine now, so we just have to wait for our shoer to come back and replace the shoe and pad. 
I'm still undecided on whether to keep the pads on over winter or not.  If he keeps getting abscesses regardless then we'll probably take them off. 

3 comments:

  1. That is frustrating. I hope you find a solution soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I’m sorry. Charlie stays in pads during the summer dry months when the ground is very hard but he hasn’t had much issue with abscesses. I’ve also tried rim pads with him too, they don’t cover the full foot. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete