Friday, May 8, 2020

Shoulders Over Hips

After being able to watch more videos of myself ride, I'm starting to think it's a wonder I can walk upright because I certainly seem incapable while riding!  So my motto has become "shoulders over hips."  Having the Soloshot footage has been very helpful.  In my mind it can feel like I'm leaning way way back, about to lay on Cupid's rump, but then when I see the video I'm in a pretty good position, so I've been trying to get used to that feeling.



We've been playing a little with leg yield.


I finally had my first lesson in almost 2 months today, and my coach agreed that I've made progress which was great to hear.  She also said Cupid has gotten a bit more consistent in the contact, and she thinks we are each on the verge of a major breakthrough to take the next step forward!

Now that I'm starting to get that under control, I want to focus on my elbows and hands next, and then on sinking into my heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment