Monday, August 31, 2020

AQI

As many people in the west, I have bookmarked and been checking purpleair obsessively.  I think I may be becoming a bit immune to the smoke smell, because sometimes I don't or barely notice it, then check only to see the AQI reading above 100.  I'm not sure how accurate this is, sometimes two reading fairly close to each other are very different which could truly be the microclimates but sometimes makes me question the accuracy.  But nevertheless I air on the side of caution and don't ride or keep it super light on those days (which, lets face it has been pretty much every day for the past 2 weeks).

Today I threw on my bareback pad and Cupid and I walked around the property.  The bridle paths have been widened and groomed, so it is pretty nice right now.

We stopped in the arena for a few minutes, just doing a few walk-halt-walk transitions and leg yields at the walk.  We've been doing some turns on the haunches in hand and ridden at the walk, and some simple exercises to try to maintain some semblance of work.  But overall I must say standards are slipping.  Today I didn't change out of my sneakers, and let Cupid stop for some grass.  (He doesn't have any trouble eating with his bit, or even his slightly loose flash strap)





No comments:

Post a Comment