Monday, September 14, 2020

Pony Rides

I haven't ridden in over a week, but my son has.  He's mainly been staying inside too because of the smoke, but we've made some short trips to the barn.  Every time I put him in the car he starts saying Cupid!  

Cupid has been very good around him.  Jack helps me brush Cupid.  I put a grap strap on my saddle, and I lead Cupid while dad walks next to Jack.  We walk around the barn for about 10 minutes, then Jack helps me get Cupid's grain. 


I'm not going to make him ride if he's not interested, but so far he seems to enjoy it and luckily Cupid makes a good kids pony!

2 comments:

  1. So cute!! I love his smile. I can't wait for my niece to get to this point, she's 8 months old and very clearly loves being outside (she's obsessed with looking at trees) but we haven't seen any indications toward wanting to ride just yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack goes through phases, he was really happy to see the horses when he was little, then went through a bit of a more cautious phase when he seemed more unsure being around them, and now he loves it. I have to watch carefully because he has no hesitation with darting between Cupid's legs!

      Delete