Wednesday, May 12, 2021

One Month Later

 Whoops, that last month went by quick!  Here's a quick recap of what happened.

-No shows.  It's been kind of light year so far, but I have a few I'm planning towards this summer and then the Regional Adult Amateur Competition in the fall, which we've already qualified for, for Training Level.  Hopefully we can move up to First at the end of the year (technically our next show year).

-We got to go back and do more cattle work!  I was worried Cupid might be a little more keyed up the second time since he would kind of know what to expect, but he was super and we had a lot of fun!  I wish it was closer (it's a 2 hour haul), but hopefully we can go again soon.

-We've been trail riding fairly regularly!  I finally found someone at my barn who wants to go with me, and has a fairly similar schedule plus our horses get along (she has a mare and a gelding, and even the mare seems to like Cupid) and walk about the same speed so it's worked out perfectly!

Golden poppies

-I haven't been going to biomechanics lessons, but I've made some good improvements in my riding!  Hopefully this summer I can go back for a few tune ups.

-I've been averaging a weekly lesson with my trainer, but sometimes we skip a week and then try to get 2 in the following.  Our biggest focus lately has been getting more push from behind.

-On light days I've been playing around with neck reining and jogging, and practicing opening/closing gates.  

-We have a Trail Trial coming up next weekend! 

-Cupid has been super good in the outdoor - he hasn't been spooky or distracted at all like he sometimes can be out there!

-Screen shots from a recent run through First Level Test 1.

Trotting down the center line

Lengthening

Halt at G



4 comments:

  1. Looking good! I love your mirrors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking great. It's wonderful that you found someone to ride with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) And my friend has 2 Andis, they had no trail experience but have been doing great and seem to enjoy it.

      Delete