Thursday, August 9, 2018

Work in Progress

Here's a clip of me on the lunge line, which was really helpful for me to compare what I felt with what it actually looks like.  Admittedly this wasn't our finest effort, as Cupid was being lazy and with my trainer also trying to hold the camera you can see me thrusting the hips a bit trying to help keep Cupid going.  So definitely something to work on - using my legs (and whip if needed) instead.  I'm also still a bit tipped forward, and my hands a touch high.  Also for dressage I'd like my toes to be pointed more forward.  Overall I still look a bit like a hunter rider sitting in a dressage saddle here - still a work in progress!

3 comments:

  1. Your balance seems quite good. He’s quite on his forehand which makes it harder to sit back. I have the habit of leaning for2ard when Carmen is behind the leg too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did not have much go today! Good reminder to make him rock back, I think I forget that when I'm just thinking move however we can

      Delete
  2. Somehow I feel like it would be really challenging to just sit there and be balanced. Looks like a great lesson tho!

    ReplyDelete