Tuesday, September 24, 2019

See vs Feel

Cupid has been feeling really good, as I said I've been really happy with our progress, but I wanted to see it with my own eyes and got my trainer to take some clips during our lesson today.  (Ack, that roof is a little dizzying!)

Trotwork - much improved!  Cupid's nose is still a bit above the vertical, but it's getting there and I like how will he is stepping under himself.  My arms are still a bit straight but it's actually an improvement.




Canter - it feels a lot better but looking at the clips his nose is still up much more then I thought.  You can't tell from this gif, but one improvement I noticed is much better separation in his hind legs.  I'm also going to give myself props for sitting up a bit better (though of course still room for further improvement!)


Yesterday we did some jumping.  Again Cupid was being very good so I decided to up the interest factor a bit, and we jumped the wood coops and I added some blocks under a vertical - both of which Cupid jumped without hesitation.  Our canter has gotten so much better it seems like the right takeoff spots just come up naturally! 




3 comments:

  1. You two look wonderful. And that arena is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and yes I'm very lucky to be at such a great facility! Not only is that arena huge and I usually have it to myself, but they drag and water every morning <3

      Delete
  2. yay that's so great that he's feeling better!! it's always nice to get that media too, to verify both that what you're feeling matches what you're seeing, and also identify which areas to keep improving

    ReplyDelete