Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Mediums

Good thing Cupid and I have been improving responsiveness off the leg, because in our lesson today we worked towards medium gaits. 

The exercise was to trot a 10 meter circle in the corner, sitting and with a bit of shoulder fore feel, then come out of it into a medium trot halfway down the long side, before collecting into another circle.  Then we did a few from the small circle into a short diagonal.

The good news is the small circles felt pretty good.  I think down the line collections are going to be easier then extensions for Cupid and me, he's just a compact little horse with a low set neck and his natural way of going is more daisy cutter.  But I have a bad habit of shoving my hands forward when I want Cupid to move out, which is so counterproductive!  I've been holding the girth loop on my saddle pad with my outside hand to help keep it in place.

We're not at true mediums yet, and I do lose the roundness sometimes but the last few felt like progress.

In the canter we just worked on lengthening and shortening on a 20 meter circle, then around the arena lengthening on the long sides.  The working canter feels super, but I wasn't feeling enough difference in the lengthenings.  Part of the problem is that my hips are a bit locked. 

I was really happy at the end when we went to do some stretching trot to feel that not only was Cupid stretching his neck down (which at home he is always happy to do), but he was really pushing from behind and stepping under himself.  He felt both powerful and light at the same time!  So we must have been doing something right during the rest of the ride!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh that sounds like an exciting lesson! Also I totally want to shove my hands forward too lol - it’s an annoying habit !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working on mediums is so much fun. And it's hard! It sounds like a great lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from Texas. i want to give thanks to dr Azaka for bringing back my ex husband with his love spell, No one could have ever made me believe that the letter I’m about to write would actually one day be written. I was the world’s biggest skeptic. I never believed in magic spells or anything like this, but I was told by a reliable source (a very close co-worker) that Trust is a very dedicated, gifted, and talented person,It was one of the best things I have ever done. My love life was in shambles; I had been through two divorces and was on the brink of a third. I just couldn't face another divorce, and I wanted to try harder to make our relationship work, but my husband didn’t seem to care. and he brake up with me again.I was confuse and do not no what to do again,rather them to get in contact with Dr Azaka He did a love spell that make my husband come back to me. we are now very much happy with our self Dr Azaka make him to realize how much we love and need each other.This man is for REAL and for good. he can also help you to fix your broken relationship. I had my husband back! It was like a miracle! He suddenly wanted to go to marriage counseling, and we’re doing very, very well, in our love life. Contact Dr Azaka on whatsapp +2349059389105 Or Email azakaspelltemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete