Friday, April 10, 2020

Armchair Detectives Needed

I noticed a bit of a rub mark on Cupid behind his shoulders, even on both sides.  It's just broken/rubbed hairs, not down to the skin.  Any ideas what's causing this??


Here is some background info:

-He is currently still shedding, though almost through.
-Since it's even on both sides I don't think it's from riding / my legs (??)
-He has been wearing a rain sheet in turnout.  We have 2 we rotate.  But it's in more a concave area, so I'm not sure it's from that.  He has gotten blanket rubs in the past more on his chest.

3 comments:

  1. Oh weird! Honestly I don’t know what it’s from but I know I’ve seen some saddle pads (esp those with stiffer bindings) leave marks there, and very occasionally a girth. In your shoes I’d probably put on all his various clothes and tack to see if there isn’t some piece that’s touching him there. Like maybe it the saddle climbs up onto his shoulder? Strange tho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Looks like it could be the saddle pad, though I rotate them I've been mostly using the dressage sized back on track ones which are somewhat thick. I think it wouldn't be a problem if he wasn't shedding, he just gets more sensitive around this time!

      Delete
  2. What Emma said. Also look under the rain sheet when on to see if there’s something rubbing.

    ReplyDelete