Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Stag, You're It!

Today's ride was interrupted by 3 large bucks, first lurking outside the arena and then briefly venturing into the arena!  Cupid was surprisingly well behaved with them lurking around, and when they came in Cupid thought it was a fun opportunity to use his cow skills.  I didn't want to get too close, so the deer don't run into the mirrors or something.



I think Cupid was a little startled when they ducked back out through the fence, cows don't do that! 😂

I'm glad I happened to have my camera set, even though this was a bit of a Soloshot fail.  I'm not sure why it loses me for so long when I wasn't even close to the camera.  

After the deer left, we practiced some transitions and ran through the T1 test.  Even though the deer were still lurking in the bushes behind A, Cupid was not distracted.  I had the german martingale on for some extra help keeping the contact steady, hopefully to help build the muscle memory. We have a show coming up this weekend, our first in quite a while at a new to us venue so we need all the help we can get!

4 comments:

  1. omg they wanted to do a pas de doe LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! We have a resident one here that shares ring space. Her trot is goals :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes! And while their jump is unconventional, they would excel in a puissance!

      Delete