Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Bit of a Change

Years ago when I first started jumping Cupid there were a few times he felt a little strong, so I got a plain snaffle baucher to try.  But then I realized that the answer was me sitting up, and riding him between hand and leg not a different bit so I never actually used it.  Then during a recent lesson my trainer suggested I try a baucher so I pulled it out again.  Honestly, I don't feel much difference.  I didn't necessarily expect the cheekpieces to make a huge difference, but I haven't ridden him in a single joint snaffle since I first got him.  I've tried a number of different bits, and Cupid is pretty much always as good as I make him.  I don't know if this means he is just uncomplicated, or we haven't found the perfect one yet!
Baucher snaffle in German silver
We finally had a bit of sunshine, and I didn't have a whole lot of time to ride in the morning so I hopped on Cupid bareback for a cruise around the property.  He is remarkably polite about walking through or by grass without trying to stop for a snack when we ride, as opposed to when I'm leading him and I have to drag him along.

No comments:

Post a Comment